Strawberry compote is loved not only by adults but also by children. In winter it is very nice to open a jar of strawberry compote and enjoy the aroma and taste of strawberries. So, we make canning for the winter – we close strawberry compote.
Strawberry compote – canning for the winter
Strawberry compote: ingredients
- Strawberries – 2.5 cups
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
Strawberry compote: cooking
- Wash the berries, remove the stalks.
- put strawberries on 1/3 banks.
- Add sugar.
- Pour hot boiled water to the top.
- Cover the jar with a lid, put to sterilize for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the sterilization jar and roll up.
- The jar should be turned upside down and put “under the blanket” for a day.
Store the compote in a cool dark place.